Many people begin using kratom as a means of minimizing dependence on
opioids and drugs like
heroin and morphine. However, it can quickly spiral into a whole new addiction.
Dependence on kratom can become life-threatening in short order and can
lead to relapse or new opioid addiction. If someone you love has been
using the drug and has become addicted, it is imperative that you step
in as soon as possible and help them access the specialized care they need.
Symptoms & Side Effects of Kratom Addiction
Chewing or drinking tea brewed with kratom leaves produces pleasant side
effects, often including calmness, a sense of peace and well-being, and
generally improved mood. It also increases talkativeness, heightens social
behavior, reduces appetite, increases libido, and relieves pain, among
other potentially positive changes. In some cases, it can even lead to
greater motivation and alertness for users.
However, despite the initial positive effects, kratom use produces many
negative symptoms, which often include (but are not limited to):
- Dry mouth
- Excessive sweating
The negative side effects of kratom grow worse with continued use, especially
if the user develops dependence, addiction, or both.
Your loved one may be experiencing kratom addiction or dependence if they
are unable to function normally without the drug, or if they exhibit any
of the following potential signs of misuse:
- Extremely urgent need to use the drug
- Resorting to dangerous, unethical, and/or risky behaviors in order to obtain
or use the drug
- Continuing to use the drug despite the dangers involved
- New money problems, despite employment and an apparent source of income
- Taking more of the drug than is helpful or necessary
- Using the substance multiple times each day
- Swearing off the substance but then resuming use
- Symptoms of withdrawal after substance use has been discontinued for a
period of time
- Significant changes in mood, behavior, health, physical appearance, social
habits, and performance in work or school
- Legal issues involving drug use or related behaviors
Drug Rehabilitation Program in Arizona
Decision Point Center, we have the knowledge, tools, and skill to help your loved one overcome
their kratom dependence or addiction safely. We understand that drug addiction
is often closely intertwined with other personal issues or mental health
challenges, and we have the resources to care for the whole person. Allow
us to come alongside you and your loved one during this time and provide
the life-changing support necessary for true healing and positive change.
If you are preparing to confront your loved one about their drug use, we
may be able to help you prepare by providing information about our specialized
drug treatment programs.
Don’t wait any longer. Call (844) 292-5010 today to speak to a
member of our team and request a free assessment as soon as possible.