Decision Point Center Information
What Can Patients Bring to Rehab?
Because patients are essentially leaving behind their old life when they enter our Arizona rehab center, they are limited in what they can bring. If you smoke, you are allowed to have cigarettes, though any smoking paraphernalia may be checked for contraband. Cell phones are only allowed in cases where it is absolutely necessary for patients to contact their families or loved ones. Food and drink, large sums of cash, weapons, and anything containing drugs or alcohol (this may include certain medications, perfumes, mouthwashes, etc.) will not be allowed.
A short list of what you should bring to rehab:
- Identification and insurance cards
- Necessary medications
- Important phone numbers
- Clean clothes
- Books and a journal
What to Bring to Decision Point Center
Our first priority is always to provide patients with a calming, welcoming environment so they can best embrace the treatment.
We encourage our patients to bring the following with them:
- Medical / Clinical records from previous facilities
- Health insurance cards / RX cards / Identification cards
- Prescriptions for APPROVED medications in original bottles (medication bottles will be turned over to the medical department upon arrival)
- Personal hygiene articles (no alcohol based products) including shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap, dental hygiene products, disposable razors, cosmetics, feminine hygiene products. Please try to bring enough for the duration of your stay!
- Clothing, including casual clothes (to include pajamas, socks, workout clothes, etc.), walking shoes / tennis shoes / sandals (must have ankle support), jacket (appropriate to seasons) / sweater / sweatshirt. Remember to pack at least two weeks of clothing (in house washer/dryer and soap are provided), both indoor and outdoor clothing. Clothing must not display suggestive language, obscene pictures, drug/alcohol advertisements, or any other inappropriate references. Clothing must be modest and appropriate in nature.
- MUSIC ONLY I-pods / MP3 players
- Sunglasses / Hat / Sunblock
- Cell phone / charger
- Nicotine products. Our campuses do allow nicotine products. Please plan accordingly and bring enough for the duration of your stay.
Optional items you may bring include:
- Smoking Products (must be unopened)
Vape Products (must be unopened)
- This includes cartridges (must be unopened), and vape juice
- An extra blanket (no comforters or bedspreads)
- Stationary, pens, stamps, etc.
- Watch / alarm clock
- Reading material deemed appropriate for recovery by staff
Do NOT bring:
- Your personal vehicle
- Playing cards
- Scissors, mace, knives, etc. or weapons of any kind
- Laptops, tablets / kindles, gaming devices/ consoles or internet capable devices
- Cash, credit / debit cards or check books
- Medications not already pre-approved or without a prescription
- Over the counter medication
- Expensive jewelry, clothing or high value items
- Protein, energy, steroid, or weight control products of any kind
Reach out to our team of Arizona addiction rehab experts at Decision Point Center by calling (844) 292-5010. We have the resources and the training to help.