This time of year, we are all busy with school getting back into session and band practice, soccer games, homework, housework etc... (Can you tell I am busy!?) So I wanted to share one of my favorite uses for rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken breasts.
This salad is full of nutrients including protein from the chicken and greek yogurt, fiber and vitamin C from the mangoes and the curry has wonderful healing spices like turmeric which has been shown to reduce cancer risks and is an anti-inflammatory.
The best part of this is that you can make it a day or two in advance and pull it out for a great lunch in a whole grain pita or as a dinner on top of spinach. It just gets better in time. Enjoy!
Curry Chicken Salad
• 1 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
• 5 teaspoons curry powder
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 medium red onion, chopped (1 cup)
• 1 firm-ripe mango (3/4 pound), peeled, pitted, and chopped
• 1 cup red seedless grapes (5 ounces), halved
• 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
Whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, lime juice, honey, ginger, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Then add the chicken, onion, mango, grapes, and cashews, while stirring gently to combine.