Decision Point offers a unique Adventure and Recreation Program where clients can learn new skills that help them build confidence and trust, experience the joy of achievement, and apply those lessons to their recovery.
Our Adventure and Recreation Program incorporates hiking, rock-climbing, backpacking, ropes courses and team sports to challenge individuals to become a strong and confident person. Besides experiencing the sheer joy of the outdoors, skills are gained in leadership, communication, cooperation and team building.
The Adventure and Recreation Staff is there to guide and support each client in their physical, emotional, and spiritual development, while exploring the breathtaking, natural beauty of mountainous Arizona.
- Inner and external awareness
- Ability to adapt to new environments
- Strengthening of spirituality
- Identifying and changing of behaviors
- Accountability for actions
- Self-discovery, self-worth, self-confidence
- Reduction of barriers to recovery
- Fun in recovery
Above: Women clients enjoy an afternoon of snow tubing on the slopes of Mingus Mountain
- Volleyball/circus ball
- Bocce ball
- Can Jam
- Frisbee Golf
- Ping Pong
- Gym Activities
- Ropes Courses
- Rock Climbing and Rappelling
- YMCA (swim, racquetball, etc.)
- Human Foosball
- UCYC Camp: Gigantic Swing
Wilderness Survival Skills:
- Fire Making
- Solos and Ceremonies
- Wilderness meditations
- Shelter Building
- Map and Compass Reading
- Knot Tying
- Wilderness Arts and Crafts
- First Aid
Individuals who are medically cleared will participate in our Adventure and Recreation Program. Different activities are offered seasonally.