Phoenix Alcohol Addiction Treatments
Rehabilitation Programs for Alcohol Addiction
Please do not lose hope if you are struggling with alcohol addiction. Now that you are here at the Decision Point Center website, you have found a reliable and trusted starting point for your path to sobriety. From our addiction treatment center serving Phoenix, Arizona, we can help you fight alcohol addiction using methods and programs that have been customized to you.
Alcohol rehab programs we offer include:
- 12-step programs
- 45-day residential inpatient programs
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Relapse prevention programs
- And more
Our team is here to support you through and through. Contact us today.
Dangers of Alcohol Abuse
Alcohol abuse causes immediate dangers and problems that can damage all facets of your wellbeing. From a physical health perspective, alcohol consumed in large amounts will blur your vision, distort your judgment, and cause drowsiness, which is why drinking-and-driving is so dangerous. There is also the risk of fainting due to excess alcohol consumption reducing the oxygen content in your blood, which can disrupt your breathing and your pulse.
You can also experience mood swings while intoxicated. Depending on the situation you are in, unpredictable emotions and decisions could put you in precarious or uncomfortable situations that end up impacting your entire life. For example, alcohol abuse while on-the-job could lead to your termination.
Lasting Harm Caused by Alcohol Addiction
If you are considering seeking alcohol addiction treatments, then you may also be interested in learning the long-term effects of alcohol abuse.
As alcohol starts to damage your liver and other vital organs over time, it can cause:
- Liver disease or cancer
- Heart disease
- Stomach ulcers
- Immune system deficiencies
- Sexual dysfunction
- Brain damage
The longer that you use alcohol, the higher your risk of developing one or more of these serious health conditions. The sooner that you can stop using alcohol and start a rehabilitative program with Decision Point Center, the better.
Although, we understand that alcohol addiction can be severe enough to trigger withdrawals if you completely stop drinking and all at once. We can carefully create an alcohol addiction treatment schedule for you that will minimize the risks or effects of withdrawals. By giving you a better chance to avoid or overcome withdrawal symptoms, we will also be giving you more strength and confidence needed to defeat alcohol addiction.
Supporting Someone with Alcohol Addiction
In many cases, alcohol addiction is not recognized by the patient. Instead, close friends and family members are the people to see the problem and want to find a solution before matters get worse.
Are you trying to find a way to help a loved one reach sobriety? Please keep in mind that you should not force someone to seek treatment, as this is often ineffective and can make their mental health much worse. There are ways that you can encourage them to begin alcohol addiction treatments, though.
When speaking with a loved one who is suffering from alcohol abuse, you can:
- Practice your key talking points ahead of time so you do not risk sounding judgmental.
- Make yourself available to support them, especially in tangible ways like searching for a local alcohol treatment center.
- Understand that they may not accept seeking treatment after just one conversation.
- Show solidarity by also giving up drinking while they are in recovery.
- Seek help from a professional such as an interventionist.
Creative & Effective Ways to Treat Alcohol Use Disorder
Our Phoenix alcohol treatment center is known for taking various approaches to treat our patients who are fighting alcohol addiction. When you are here, we will work closely with you to get a better understanding of who you are, what triggers are fueling your addiction, and what methods might be most effective to help you stop drinking. A personalized approach will also give you confidence that in knowing that we are really here to support you for who you are.
There are three cornerstones of alcohol treatment programs that most patients find useful:
- Detoxification: As mentioned, withdrawal from alcohol can be problematic or even dangerous to your health. We are able to provide a detox program in a safe environment that monitors your health.
- Residential programs: Inpatient and outpatient programs are available for alcohol treatment patients at Decision Point Center. During such programs, you can utilize different types of therapies, support groups, recovery planning with experts, and more.
- Counseling: Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and other types of attentive counseling are made available here to help you stay on track. We know you have a lot going on in your life, so our Client Care Managers are always near and ready to support you.
Before our proven and trusted alcohol rehabilitation programs can be used, though, you need to take the first step and let us know you need our help. Call (844) 292-5010 whenever you are ready. We will be here to talk and listen when you do.